Sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature, when: … Such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment.
Some examples of conduct that may constitute sexual harassment are: …
• Making sexual gestures, or displaying sexually suggestive objects, pictures, cartoons, posters, calendars, or computer screens.
* Making or using derogatory comments, epithets, slurs, or jokes of a sexual nature.
* Verbal sexual advances or propositions.
* Using Caltech resources (including electronic resources) or time to create or obtain sexually explicit materials that are not directly related to legitimate business of Caltech.
* Verbal abuse of a sexual nature, graphic comments about an individual’s body, sexually degrading words used to describe an individual, suggestive or obscene letters, notes, electronic mail messages, or invitations.