Living on campus provides unique experiences for students to interact with others from diverse groups and backgrounds. Residents engage in interactions that promote learning and appreciation of each other’s individuality. The privilege of living on campus comes with responsibilities for personal behaviors regarding others in the community.
To create a positive living and learning environment, campus residents must be civil with each other. Residents are expected to understand the impact of their individual actions on the community and change any behavior that does not support our community expectations, stated below:
As a member of our residential community, students will:
- Speak to each other in a civil manner.
- Recognize how their actions and language impact the community.
- Treat community members with consideration and respect.
- Refrain from displaying items that are disrespectful and hurtful to others.
- Refrain from utilizing technology in a way that is disrespectful and hurtful to others.
- Create a community in which actions of bigotry, oppression and hatred will not be tolerated.
- Confront behavior or report to staff members any incidents of incivility and intolerance.