Sexual harassment shall be defined as unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature in the following context: … when such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s work or academic performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working or academic environment.
Conduct prohibited by this policy may include, but is not limited to:
- Unwelcome sexual flirtation; advances or propositions for sexual activity
- Continued or repeated verbal abuse of a sexual nature, such as suggestive comments and sexually explicit jokes.
- Sexually degrading language to describe an individual.
- Remarks of a sexual nature to describe a person’s body or clothing.
- Display of sexually demeaning objects or pictures.