Choosing to join this community obligates each member to a code of civilized ideals, principles, and responsible behaviors compatible with the educational environment. As such, Housing and Residence Life declares its support of and adherence to the following principles. … A member of the Utah State University Housing community supports, practices, and respects:
1. Personal and academic integrity through elimination of deceit, plagiarism, lying, and disloyalty.
2. Dignity of all persons, by not demeaning, teasing, ridiculing, or insulting individuals or groups.
3. Rights and property of others, by demonstrating concern for them and asking first before borrowing or using items and property.
4. Discouraging bigotry, by striving to learn from and accept the inherent differences in people, ideas, and opinions which contribute to an academic community.
5. Keeping the living environment clean and attractive, knowing that such an environment is essential to positive physical, mental, and academic health.
6. Refraining from and discouraging all behaviors which threaten the freedom and respect all residents deserve, by challenging friends and neighbors within the housing community to abide by these fundamental expectations and personally confronting those who do violate them in an appropriate manner.