Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Federal Circuit: 7th Circuit
Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne has been given the speech code rating Yellow. Yellow light colleges and universities are those institutions with at least one ambiguous policy that too easily encourages administrative abuse and arbitrary application. Read more here.
activities, and events held both on and off campus. The Event Planning and Scheduling form is used to
reserve space on campus, collect event and financial information, and to record information for yearly
awards. Reserving space requires at least two weeks to complete.
1. An express or implied threat to:
1. Interfere with an individual’s personal safety, academic efforts, employment, or participation in university-sponsored activities and that under the circumstances causes the person to have a reasonable apprehension that such harm is about to occur; or
2. Injure that person, or damage his or her property; or
2. "Fighting words" that are spoken face-to-face as a personal insult to the listener or listeners in personally abusive language inherently likely to provoke a violent reaction by the listener or listeners to the speaker.
1. creating an intimidating or hostile educational environment, work environment, or environment for participation in a University activity;
2. unreasonably interfering with a person's educational environment, work environment, or environment for participation in a University activity; or
3. unreasonably affecting a person's educational or work opportunities or participation in a University activity.