Location: Alva, Oklahoma
Federal Circuit: 10th Circuit
Northwestern Oklahoma State University has been given the speech code rating Red. A red light university has at least one policy that both clearly and substantially restricts freedom of speech. Read more here.
Red Light Policies
Speech Code Category: Protest and Demonstration Policies, Statement
Solicitations, any dissemination or posting of literature, writing, drawing
or marking on an interior or exterior wall or streets with any medium, picketing, or drawing of
assemblages or meeting for the purpose of promoting either sales or causes may not be done
by an official group, organization, or person without clearance and permission of the office of
the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management on the Alva campus and
the Coordinator of Student Services on the Enid campus.
Speech Code Category: Posting Policies, Statement
Pornographic materials (any depiction of nude body parts) may not be displayed.
Speech Code Category: Harassment Policies, Statement
Conduct prohibited by this policy may include, but is not limited to:
* Unwelcome sexual flirtation, advances or propositions for sexual activity.
* Continued or repeated verbal abuse or a sexual nature, such as suggestive
comments and sexually explicit jokes.
* Sexually degrading language to describe an individual.
* Remarks of a sexual nature to describe a person’s body or clothing
* Display of sexually demeaning objects and pictures.
* Offensive physical contact such as unwelcome touching, pinching or brushing the
* Coerced sexual intercourse.
* Actions indicating that benefits will be failed or lost based on response to sexual