Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
Federal Circuit: 8th Circuit
University of Missouri at St. Louis has been given the speech code rating Red. A red light university has at least one policy that both clearly and substantially restricts freedom of speech. Read more here.
Red Light Policies
- sending annoying or obscene messages or images to other users ...
- posting of inappropriate Web materials
- harassing individuals using electronic transmissions
hours before the event by completing a Rally or Demonstration Request Form. Any organization holding a rally,
demonstration, or like event shall appoint four students to act as marshals for the event. The marshals’ names must
be listed on the request form. It will be the duty of the marshals to ensure that all participants are properly
instructed as to provisions of these regulations and that no action is performed which will discredit the student
body or the University. If the organization is distributing handbills or leaflets, the group is responsible for the
cleanup following the distribution. The organizations, as well as all individuals participating, are responsible for
following the Student Standard of Conduct.
- The purpose or effect of such conduct is to interfere unreasonably with the work or academic performance of the person being harassed; or
- The purpose or effect of such conduct to a reasonable person is, to create an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment.