This position will be based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to defending liberty, freedom of speech, due process, academic freedom, legal equality, and freedom of conscience on our nation’s college campuses. Please visit thefire.org to gain a sense of our work and mission.
FIRE is seeking a Program Associate with excellent written communications skills and experience creating outreach resources to join our FIRE Student Network team. The duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting students to FIRE’s Student Network through marketing outreach and social media;
- Writing educational resources for students, such as pamphlets, guides, and promotional materials to students;
- Planning and executing marketing and networking strategies to raise awareness of FIRE’s Student Network;
- Writing outreach materials, including regular emails to student network;
- Coordinating FIRE’s presence at external events and conferences;
- Assisting with hiring and oversight of FIRE’s Summer Internship Program for undergraduate students;
- Building relationships with partner organizations and acting as a liaison to FIRE allies;
- Organize and distribute organization’s publications, t-shirts, and merchandise as needed to students who request it or through mailings to gain awareness on campus;
- Assisting with the planning of organization’s student conferences;
- Coordinating follow up after events and outreach initiatives.
This position will also perform other support functions for the day-to-day operation of FIRE and will frequently collaborate with other staff members and departments on general duties and specialized projects, including but not limited to contributing to FIRE’s online Newsdesk and working closely with our outreach staff, Policy Reform team, and the Individual Rights Defense Program.
This position involves a moderate amount of travel. Work on weekends and evenings should be expected.
The start date for this position is flexible.
A successful candidate will have excellent written communication skills, be a self-starter, and have the ability to work independently. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate a knowledge and passion for FIRE’s mission and an ability to articulate that passion in a way that will make others enthusiastic about our cause. A candidate must also be able to demonstrate:
- An eye for detail and a drive for perfection when executing job functions;
- An ability to handle dynamic, challenging situations;
- Interest in multidimensional outreach;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Digital marketing experience (preferred);
- Networking skills through various mediums;
- An ability to exercise sound judgment;
- An ability to manage challenging and fast-paced situations;
- Superior computer and Internet proficiency, including the ability to use Microsoft Office and Google applications;
- Experience in reaching out to a diverse range of audiences (preferred);
- A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university;
- Previous work experience is strongly preferred.
Applicants should provide a resume, cover letter, a writing sample, salary requirements, and contact information for at least three professional references. All applications are confidential. Please address applications to Peyton Cudaback, Director of Human Resources. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIRE is an equal opportunity employer.