Anne Marie Tamburro
Anne Marie Tamburro graduated with her J.D. from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2021 and her B.S. in journalism from the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications in 2018. Her time working with student and local press organizations motivated her to go to law school to pursue a career involving freedom of speech. As a law student, she completed internships at a legal aid office and a private civil rights law firm. Anne Marie also served as a research assistant at the Brechner Center for Freedom of Information where she worked on research and academic writing related to the First Amendment and access to government information. In her free time, Anne Marie likes shopping at estate sales, listening to pop music, and pestering her cat.
- Philadelphia Inquirer reporter Emily Bloch to keynote free press workshop,
- Florida Atlantic student employees fear punishment for speaking to the press,
- Wayne State professor suspended after provocative Facebook post criticizing shout downs,
- Student Press Freedom Day 2023: SPFI is here to support the student press with ‘Bold Journalism, Brave Advocacy’,
- Fall casework of FIRE’s SPFI shows student press freedom threatened across U.S. campuses,
- San Diego State faculty members turn backs on colleagues, vote to impose DEI criteria in tenure review,
- Emporia State guts tenure protections, fires 33 professors including one who publicly criticized new policy ,
- VMI administrators bully student newspaper over unflattering coverage,
- Something’s fishy at Texas A&M: Administrators continue to reel in student groups’ rights with hostile Fish Camp takeover, Draggieland denial,
- Former community college president punches down, files bullying complaint against faculty union president ,
Host a FIRE Speaker On Your Campus
Hosting a FIRE speaker at your school is a great way to catalyze social change at your institution and educate your campus community about the importance of free speech, due process, and religious liberty.
Explore Our Work
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy