Laura Beltz is a Philadelphia-area native who graduated from Penn State University with a B.A. in English through the Schreyer Honors College. She is also a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and is a member of the Pennsylvania state bar. At Penn Law, Laura was an associate editor of the Journal of Constitutional Law, and completed internships with FIRE and the National Constitution Center.
In her free time, she enjoys hiking — especially when there’s an opportunity to visit a craft brewery afterwards.
- Why Hillsdale earns a ‘Warning’ rating from FIRE,
- Tulane’s ban on ‘rude’ messages earns FIRE’s lowest speech code rating,
- University of South Dakota tramples student free speech rights with restrictive posting policy,
- Wheaton College speech code violates Chicago Statement principles,
- Say what? Westfield State University bans ‘derogatory or inflammatory statements, and/or idle gossip’,
- Trinity University policy burdens events with a ‘History of or Potential for Protests or Disturbance’,
- Cal State Monterey Bay bans signs with ‘offensive language’ in dorms,
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville bans using computing resources to send ‘offensive material’ ,
- Troy University bans ‘insensitive language’ on campus,
- New FIRE report: Overbroad harassment policies tank school ratings across the country, including UT Dallas,
FIRE is a mission-driven organization of hardworking, dedicated team members committed to defending and sustaining the individual rights of all Americans to free speech and free thought.Explore FIRE's Advocacy