The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints sponsors Brigham Young University-Hawaii Campus in order to provide a university education in an atmosphere consistent with the ideals and principles of the Church.
By enrolling or accepting employment at BYUH, a person signifies that he or she has been, is now and will continue living in accordance with the following principles, whether on or off campus.
1. I live and will continue to live the law of chastity. This includes abstaining from inappropriate physical familiarity and abstinence from all sexual relations outside the bonds of marriage.
2. I live and will continue to live the Word of Wisdom. This includes abstinence from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and the use of kava. 6. I respect the personal rights of others and will continue to do so. This includes:
Not physically or verbally abusing any person and not engaging in conduct that threatens or endangers the health or safety of others. Violators will be suspended. 9. I live and will continue to live the standard of Christian living as taught by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints both on and off campus. This includes Sunday activities consistent with Latter-day Saint ideals, graciousness and consideration for others, and observing high principles of honor, integrity, and morality. For LDS students, this also includes regularly attending Church meetings, fulfilling callings, and supporting Church leaders, and refraining from participation in organized athletic events and any other activities that may detract from the spirit of the Sabbath.
10. I observe high standards of taste and decency and will continue to do so. This includes refraining from disorderly, lewd, indecent, or obscene conduct and expression.
11. I will help others fulfill their responsibilities under the Honor Code.
12. I will observe University standards of dress and grooming as described in the Dress and Grooming Standards.
I understand that a single violation of the Honor Code may be grounds for my dismissal from the University.