Clear and Present Danger podcast – Episode 17: Global Inquisition
In the 16th century, Spain and Portugal globalized the Inquisition by spreading the fight for religious orthodoxy and against heresy, blasphemy, and apostasy to the Americas, Africa, and Asia, allowing inquisitors to pry into the souls of men on five continents. In episode 17 of the Clear and Present Danger podcast, we try to answer questions such as:
- How many people were affected by the Inquisition?
- What were the consequences for Native Americans?
- What were the similarities and differences between the Inquisition in Europe and in the different colonies?
- What were the links between the Inquisition, racism, and anti-semitism?
- How did the Inquisition stop the spread of books and information?
- Why and when did the Inquisition end?
Email us feedback at email@example.com.