You are not permitted to display any item on your room door which includes profanity, nudity, and/or statements demeaning an individual or group of persons.
Northwest Missouri State University Residential Life is a community of people with respect for diversity.
We welcome students with an array of differing backgrounds. The opportunity to make friends with people
of different backgrounds and gain a better understanding of the world is one of the advantages of a
diverse community. In the spirit of celebrating diversity, residents are encouraged to learn about and
appreciate people of different races, genders, ages, ethnicities, ablebodiedness, sexual orientations,
socioeconomic status, or religious affiliations. Each
person has worth and will be treated with dignity and respect. Northwest and the Office of Residential Life
practice equal opportunity and will not condone discrimination.
To further strengthen this wonderful community at Minot State University, we affirm the following:
1. That everyone be allowed to work, learn and live in a safe and caring environment.
2. That everyone learn about, understand, appreciate and respect differences.
3. That everyone matters.
4. That all individuals be respected and treated with dignity and civility.
5. That we will not tolerate any form of bigotry, harassment, intimidation, threat, or abuse, whether verbal or written, physical or psychological,
direct or implied. Alcohol or substance abuse, ignorance, or “it was just a joke” will not be accepted as an excuse.
6. That everyone continue to share in the responsibility in making MSU a better place.