FIRE is seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial individual to join our Washington, D.C., team as the Executive Assistant to the President.
A successful candidate for this position will have strong writing skills as well as the ability to take charge of a wide range of responsibilities, including spearheading important, specialized projects and presidential initiatives; working with the Vice President of Development to increase the fundraising capabilities of the department; and maintaining the President’s schedule.
The Executive Assistant will also work closely with the President’s Research Assistant to proofread and create written content for the FIRE blog and other websites in order to increase both the President’s and the organization’s messaging reach.
This position will require a willingness to work collaboratively on various writing projects, the ability to meet deadlines on short notice, and strong organizational skills in order to manage multiple projects at a given time.
A successful candidate will have a good work ethic, be a self-starter, and have the ability to work independently. Most importantly, the candidate must have an eye for detail and strive for perfection when executing job functions.
Other qualifications include:
- A four-year undergraduate degree;
- Superior computer and Internet proficiency, including the ability to use Microsoft Office and Google applications;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- An ability to exercise sound judgment;
- Organizational, planning, and time management skills;
- An ability to manage challenging and fast-paced situations;
- An understanding of social media and how to use different platforms for advocacy.
Ideally, candidates can commit a minimum of two years to this position.
If you’re interested in this fast-paced, exciting role at FIRE and want to learn more, head over to our Jobs & Internships page.