We’re looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial web developer to join FIRE’s Philadelphia office.
Our new hire will implement and maintain the functionality, organization, and development of FIRE’s website, microsites, e-newsletters, e-vites, and digital promotional materials. This position will also assist with IT projects and in ensuring the security of FIRE’s IT infrastructure and website.
Most importantly, the candidate must have an eye for detail and strive for perfection when executing job functions. Other qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- Web programming experience, including PHP
- An interest in or experience with responsive design, jQuery mobile, or other approaches to designing for mobile users
- WordPress development experience
- Experience working with external APIs
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- An eye for typography, negative space, and other design details
- Ability to manage internal and external project expectations, balancing scope and timelines
- Ability to translate technical language into non-technical language
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Ability to work collaboratively with a graphic designer
- Digital marketing and/or app development experience will be looked upon favorably
You can read more about the job and how to submit an application on FIRE’s Jobs & Internships page.