Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when: … Such conduct has the purpose of effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
Examples of conduct prohibited by this policy include, but are not limited to:
- Unwelcome sexual flirtation, advances, or propositions;
- Verbal comments related to an individual’s age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation;
- Explicit or degrading verbal comments about another individual or his/her appearance;
- Commentary about an individual’s body, sexual prowess or sexual deficiencies;
- Leering, catcalls or touching;
- Insulting or obscene comments or gestures;
- The display of sexually suggestive pictures or objects in any workplace location including transmission or display via computer or cell phone (for example, emails or texts)
Harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law, is also strictly prohibited.
Harassing conduct includes, but is not limited to: epithets, slurs or negative stereotyping; threatening, intimidating, or hostile acts; denigrating jokes and display or circulation in the workplace of written or graphic material that denigrates or shows hostility or aversion toward an individual or group (including through e-mail or text messaging).