The Board of Trustees for the Connecticut State University system, on November 3, 1989, endorsed the following policy regarding racism and acts of intolerance:
• Institutions within the Connecticut State University system have a duty to foster tolerance;
• The promotion of racial, religious, and ethnic pluralism within the University is the responsibility of all individuals within the University community;
• Every person within the University community should be treated with dignity and assured security and equality;
• Individuals may not exercise personal freedoms in ways that invade or violate the rights of others;
• Acts of violence and harassment reflecting bias or intolerance of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and ethnic or cultural origins are unacceptable; and
• The University shall take appropriate corrective action if such acts of violence or harassment occur.