The following individuals and/or authorized representatives of the following entities are eligible to be Organizers for purposes of use of University Facilities or Outdoor Spaces pursuant to this Policy: enrolled students, authorized representatives of SOFO-registered student groups and University Departments. Any other entity or individual wishing to use a University Facility or Outdoor Space must schedule the Event through an Organizer.
The Organizer must agree to the following conditions:
- Submit the Event Management Form found at http://umc.colorado.edu/events/scheduling/additionalresources or other form that has been previously approved by the CUUF Committee within stated timeframes and receive appropriate approvals for the Event.
- To be physically present or have a designee present at the Event location during the entire Event to supervise and ensure the Facility or Outdoor Space is used for the purpose and in the manner stated in the Event Management Form.
- To be responsible for all operating costs as provided herein including, but not limited to, rental fees, utility costs, non-routine clean-up, police/security, and parking/traffic and for reimbursing the University for damage to University property or facilities that might occur in connection with the Event.
- Ensure that the NASP is provided with current Organizer contact information.
- To be responsible to see that use of the Facility or Outdoor Space complies with local, state, and federal laws, and University policies and regulations.
In recognition of the role of the Dalton Trumbo Fountain Court in the expression of ideas on the campus, the area of the Fountain Court (“Fountain Court Speech Area”) found add at https://colorado.edu/node/478605/attachment may be used by the public for discussion or public expression without scheduling between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm except unscheduled uses may not take place during the period between the last day of classes and the last day of final exams of each term.
Canvassing is not permitted on the campus except for an Event scheduled in accordance with this policy or on any sidewalk bordering a street.
Applicants for Non-Academic Use of University Facilities and Outdoor Spaces shall submit a completed Event Management Form found at http://umc.colorado.edu/events/scheduling/additionalresources to the Non-Academic Scheduling Planner (“NASP”) at least ten (10) business days in advance of the planned Event. The application will be approved or denied no later than three business days before the Event.