In making acceptable use of resources you must not:
- Use another person’s system, files, or data without permission (note that permission from an individual user may not be sufficient—some systems may require additional authority).
- Give your password to another person (including to your parents). Contact the OIT Service Desk if you need assistance with giving other people authority to access your files or e-mail.
- Attempt to circumvent or subvert security measures.
- Engage in any activity that might be purposefully harmful to systems or to any information stored thereon.
- Make unauthorized modifications to university data.
- Make or use illegal copies of copyrighted software or other copyrighted works, store such copies on university systems, or transmit them over university networks.
- Use the university’s systems or networks for commercial purposes; for example, by selling access to your userid or by performing work for profit with university resources in a manner not authorized by the university.