Sexual Harassment is unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, non-verbal, or physical conduct of a sexual nature, including Sexual Misconduct or Exploitation when: … such conduct is so severe or pervasive that it substantially interferes with the individual’s employment, education or access to University programs, activities and opportunities.
Examples of Sexual Harassment & Sexual Violence
- Pressure for sexual activity
- Requests for sexual favors
- Unwelcome patting, hugging, or touching of a person’s body, hair, or clothing
- Sexual innuendos, jokes, or comments
- Disparaging remarks to a person about her/his gender or body
- Sexual graffiti or Visuals
- Asking about a person’s sexual fantasies, sexual preferences, or sexual activities
- Repeatedly asking for a date after the person has expressed disinterest
- Making sexual gestures with hands or through body movements
- Offensive letters, email, text messages, posts on social networking sites, internet images or transmissions or voicemail messages.
- Dating violence, sexual assault, sexual battery and rape