Bullying and cyberbullying is prohibited. Bullying may involve situations that include, but are not limited to:
- Imbalance of Power: people who bully use their power to control or harm and the people being bullied may have a hard time defending themselves.
- Intent to Cause Harm: actions done by accident are not bullying; the person bullying has a goal to cause harm.
- Repetition: incidents of bullying happen to the same person over and over by the same person or group.
Bullying can take many forms. Examples include:
- Verbal: name-calling, teasing.
- Social: spreading rumors, leaving people out on purpose, breaking up friendships.
- Physical: hitting, punching, shoving.
- Cyberbullying: using the Internet, mobile phones or other digital technologies to harm others.