Posting is defined as the hanging of information, advertising, etc. on any campus bulletin board, window, door, wall or other university property. Oakland University reserves the right to refuse permission to any individual or group for posting that:
- seriously impede normal university activity
- do not follow Oakland University policies and procedures
- include inappropriate material
- contain content in violation of university policies and ordinances, or state and federal laws
- do not support the role and mission of the university.
Examples of posters that would be denied posting include advertisements for events at bars or nightclubs and posters containing alcohol or drugs.
Bulletin boards are primarily available for the university community. The “OSI Posting Areas” are reserved for campus activities sponsored by registered student organizations, University departments, offices, and off-campus individuals/groups/businesses with permission from the OSI. All fliers to be hung on bulletin boards must be approved and stamped by the OSI.
There are six spirit rocks available for use by student organizations. They are located on the north and east end of the Oakland Center. Messages should be appropriate, tasteful and respectful of other organizations, individuals and the OU community.