To facilitate robust debate and the free exchange of ideas, the University has established high visibility areas on campus as “Speaker’s Corners.” These areas may be used by any person, including non-students and other campus guests. This use may be without permission from the University so long as:
• the area has not been previously reserved or scheduled for a particular function
• no sound amplification is used
• participants do not violate other University policies
Designated Speaker’s Corners include:
• the area surrounding the flagpole in the Lyceum Circle
• the plaza in front of Fulton Chapel
• the Union Plaza; specifically, the walkway strip between the Walk of Champions and the back entrance to Croft
NOTE: Due to the Union construction, the Union Plaza will be offline for use beginning December 15, 2016. Because of this, an alternative area will be designated. Please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 662.915.7247 for alternative locations.
Although it is not necessary for a person using one of the designated Speaker’s Corners to obtain prior permission from the University, such persons are encouraged to contact the Office of the Dean of Students for scheduling purposes to minimize possible conflicts.
Nothing in this section shall be interpreted as limiting the right of student expression elsewhere on campus so long as the expressive activities or related student conduct do not violate any other applicable University policies.