Sexual harassment encompasses unwelcome sexual advances, unwelcome requests for sexual favors or requests for sexual favors in exchange for some benefit, and/or verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature. Sexual harassment is a form of sexual discrimination. Sexual violence is a form of sexual harassment. Sexual harassment occurs when: … A behavior is sufficiently severe and pervasive to interfere with any individual’s work or educational performance, or create an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work or educational environment.
Such prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to, unwelcome sexual communication, touching, and non-consensual sexual contact, including but not limited to sexual touching, intercourse, and violence. Examples of sexual harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Derogatory statements or other verbal abuse
- Graphic or sexually suggestive comments about an individual’s attire or body
- Graphic or sexually suggestive gestures
- Exposing one’s genitals
- Inquiries or discussions about sexual activities
- Sexually suggestive letters or other written materials