Because Villanova University is a God-centered community, it seeks to reflect the message of St. Augustine and the teachings of the Gospels. Therefore, insensitive, disrespectful, harassing, threatening, obscene or violent behavior is considered most offensive. Such behaviors, including but not limited to those listed below, are violations of this Code and strictly prohibited.
1. Intentionally inflicting, attempting to inflict, or conspiring to inflict mental harm upon any person; or
2. Taking any action for the purpose of inflicting mental harm; or
3. Taking any reckless, but not accidental, action which could result in mental harm to any person; or
4. Causing a person to believe that the offender may cause mental or bodily harm; or
5. Any act which demeans, degrades, or disgraces any person is likely to result in a range of sanctions from disciplinary probation plus one or more of its attendant restrictions up to and including expulsion.