Spontaneous activities of expression, which are generally prompted by news or affairs coming into public knowledge less than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the Event, may be held by a University affiliate in the following defined areas, without advance approval, provided that the activity does not interfere with any functions for which that space has been reserved in advance or otherwise violate this policy.
(1) The area at the corner of Wallace Wade Avenue and University Boulevard known as Solomon’s Lot;
(2) The grassy area facing University Boulevard between University Medical Center and the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house;
(3) The grassy area at the corner of Campus Drive West and 7th Avenue;
(4) The grassy area in front of the Ferguson Center Parking Deck that faces McCorvey Drive;
(5) The grassy area on the south side of Campus Drive East at the corner of the University recreation fields and adjoining parking lot on the north side of Campus Drive East;
(6) The grassy area at the corner of Shelby Lane and Hackberry Lane;
(7) The grassy area at the corner of Bryant Drive and 2nd Avenue.
Spontaneous activities of expression may occur in other areas of campus in addition to the areas listed above, but an expedited request for use of other campus space must be made at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance pursuant to Section E (Registration Process for Use of Campus Space). If properly requested, other campus space may be made available provided that the activity does not interfere with any functions for which that space has been reserved in advance or otherwise violate this policy.