The following examples of harassment would likely violate UC policy if found to be sufficiently “severe” and/or “pervasive”:
- Name calling, teasing or making other derogatory or dehumanizing remarks based on a person’s race (or other protected category).
- Physical assaults targeting individuals of a particular religion (or other protected category).
- Repeatedly sending unwelcome emails, text messages or photos of a sexual nature.
- Anti-Semitic or Islamaphobic graffiti scrawled on the door of a student’s room.
- Targeted display of racially charged images, such as nooses and Confederate flags.