To succeed personally and academically, an individual must be able to live free from unnecessary emotional stress caused by others. Hazing, physical or emotional harassment, or behavior which other persons find intimidating, abusive, or offensive to residents or staff, will not be tolerated in a residence hall community and will result in disciplinary action.
Residents may not post notices or signs in public areas, in windows facing a public area or on doors which may be offensive to either other members of the community or to members of the public. It will be the responsibility of the residence life staff to uphold community standards and insist that residents not deliberately risk offending others by such postings.
Examples of conduct that may constitute or support a finding of harassment in violation of this policy include, but are not limited to, the following types of behavior: …
- Display of offensive material or objects
- Suggestive or insulting gestures, sounds or whistles
- Innuendo or other suggestive, offensive or derogatory comments or jokes about sex, gender-specific traits, race or ethnicity
- Extortion, overt threats, or intimidation
- Obscene or threatening messages sent online (including social networks) or via email, text, or telephone