Sexual harassment is any unwelcome conduct or behavior of a sexual nature which creates a hostile environment. Sexual harassment can include unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal (i.e. jokes, innuendos, postings on social media), nonverbal, or physical conduct of a sexual nature. Sexual harassment includes, but is not limited to: (1) an exposure of an actor’s genitals done with the intent to affront or alarm any person, and (2) viewing a person in state of undress without his or her consent or knowledge.
Harassing conduct may include, but is not limited to the following examples:
- Graphic and written statements, which may include use of cell phones or the internet;
- Making sexual comments, jokes or innuendos;
- Distributing sexually explicit drawings, pictures, or written materials;
- Calling someone sexually charged names;
- Rating someone on sexual activity or performance; and/or
- Circulating, showing, or creating emails or web sites of a sexual nature.