A. Students, student organizations, and nonstudent individuals or groups sponsored by students/student organizations desiring to demonstrate, picket, or distribute literature on the campus are encouraged to file a written request with the Vice President for Student Affairs indicating the preferred time, place, and manner of such activity. The request may be filed at least 24 hours before the activity commences. Those involved shall abide by the regulations listed in paragraph B. Where it is deemed necessary, the Vice President for Student Affairs shall provide for security.
B. Students, student organizations, and nonstudent individuals or groups sponsored by students/student organizations, may demonstrate, picket, or distribute literature on the campus in areas generally available to the public; provided that such demonstrators, picketers, or distributors do not or do not attempt to:
- Breach the peace.
- Physically obstruct pedestrian traffic.
- Physically obstruct vehicular traffic.
- Interfere with classes or other scheduled meetings.
- Damage University property.
- Discard banners, placards, picket signs, leaflets, pamphlets, handbills, or other literature or materials in a manner which litters University property.
- Permanently occupy land areas or permanently locate signs and posters.
- Erect structures, shelters, or camps.
- Sleep overnight on University property.
- Threaten or endanger the health or safety of any person.