- Category: Harassment Policies
- School: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Statement Rating: Green
- Last updated: May 22, 2018
Any use of words or acts that cause physical injury, or threaten any individual, or interfere with any individual’s rightful actions, including but not limited to the following:
1. Assault — Verbal/Non-verbal: Words or actions that would cause an individual reason to fear for his or her immediate safety. Words can constitute assault when they are accompanied by the ability to inflict immediate harm. …
3. Harassment — Conduct not of a sexual nature (including but not limited to physical, verbal, graphic, written, or electronic) that is sufficiently severe, pervasive, or persistent so as to threaten an individual or limit the ability of an individual to work, study, or participate in the activities of the university.