In addition to FIRE’s Red Alert and Spotlight widgets, FIRE also has a widget featuring the Speech Code of the Month, in which we regularly highlight the most ridiculous campus speech codes (check out this month’s pick here). The widget updates automatically, featuring a different school’s policy every month. Posting a Speech Code of the Month widget to your blog or Facebook profile is a great way to bring the effective and deserved spotlight of public scorn on some of the most outrageously unconstitutional campus policies. (For more information on FIRE’s widgets, go here.)
To add the widget to your website, here’s all you need to do:
- Scroll down the page until you see the Speech Code of the Month widget on the right-hand side.
- Beside it is a box with some text in it-select it all and copy it to the clipboard.
- Go to your blog or website, and paste in the text wherever you want the widget to appear (it’s made for a sidebar, but should work anywhere).
- To post the widget to your Facebook profile, visit http://apps.facebook.com/fire_scotm/ and follow the simple directions.
- Send us a link to your site with the widget posted on it, your mailing address and your t-shirt size.
Then we’ll send you a free FIRE t-shirt!