To determine if an act is hazing, simply ask the following questions……
1. Would you let the Anchor (student newspaper), Holland Sentinal or New York Times reporter see and report what you are doing?
2. Would you tell prospective members what they will go through?
3. Would all the parents and family members of your organization be welcome during the activity?
4. Would you allow the President of Hope College, the Dean of Students and Greek Life Advisor to be present at this event?
5. Would you allow interested members of the Holland Police Department to witness your event?
6. Would you be able to defend the activity in a court of law?
7. Is the activity an educational experience? If you hesitate on any of the above questions, then it’s hazing!