- October 20, 2021, A theater professor wasn’t sufficiently outraged about a list of names on a whiteboard. The college’s next act: probable termination.
- October 19, 2021, Washington & Lee to College Republicans: Stop advocating for candidate Glenn Youngkin in tight Virginia governor race
- October 5, 2021, Emerson College investigates, suspends conservative student group for stickers criticizing China’s government
- August 31, 2021, REPORT: 3 in 4 campaigns targeting faculty expression result in punishment
- August 19, 2021, One day after FIRE files lawsuit, med school approves student’s long-denied club application
- August 17, 2021, LAWSUIT: A med school prohibited a student from starting a club promoting healthcare reform. Now he’s suing to protect his rights.
- August 11, 2021, After FIRE turns up the heat, Iowa State revises unconstitutional guidance for instructors to self-censor
- August 3, 2021, Lhamon fails to advance out of Senate committee; full Senate should not allow her nomination to proceed further
- August 2, 2021, FIRE launches online store, welcomes America’s worst campus censors as first customers
- June 24, 2021, FIRE announces ‘Practitioner’s Guide’ for attorneys handling Title IX cases
- June 23, 2021, VICTORY: With FIRE’s help, Florida Atlantic University overhauls problematic media policies that inhibited student journalism
- June 3, 2021, VICTORY: After FIRE sounds the alarm, Stanford ends investigation into law student who satirized Federalist Society
- June 2, 2021, Law student’s graduation in jeopardy as Stanford investigates satirical email lampooning Federalist Society, Sen. Hawley, and Jan. 6 [UPDATED]
- June 1, 2021, GREEK RUINS: FIRE calls on Bloomsburg to restore 17 Greek chapters disbanded without due process
- April 29, 2021, BULLSEYE: University of Pennsylvania’s Hunting, Archery, and Shooting Club finally approved after FIRE’s intervention
- April 29, 2021, Tenured professor abruptly fired after raising allegations of anti-Semitic speech by Linfield University’s president
- April 19, 2021, North Dakota enacts law ensuring colleges and universities fulfill their First Amendment obligations
- April 15, 2021, Montana enacts two laws to protect free speech rights on college campuses
- April 14, 2021, A professor is under investigation for criticizing the Chinese government. Defend his rights with two clicks.
- April 7, 2021, FIRE: 2, Haskell: 0 as university rescinds misguided directives muzzling faculty speech
- March 25, 2021, Embattled Haskell administration forbids criticism from faculty days after being sued for violating students’ First Amendment rights
- March 17, 2021, Utah enacts law ensuring campus anti-harassment policies respect First Amendment rights
- March 17, 2021, FOWL PLAY: University of Pennsylvania denies hunting club official recognition
- March 2, 2021, LAWSUIT: Student reporter sues university president for forbidding journalism
- February 17, 2021, FIRE presents the 10 Worst Colleges for Free Speech: 2021
- February 16, 2021, Zoom and gloom: Campus dissent silenced amidst pandemic
- February 8, 2021, FIRE to launch Faculty Legal Defense Fund; First Amendment Lawyers Association National Chair Ronald G. London to lead effort
- February 5, 2021, LAWSUIT: The University of Tennessee tried to expel a grad student for a tweet about Cardi B and other social media posts. Now she’s fighting back.
- February 3, 2021, University of Colorado Boulder violates the First Amendment, punishes Trump lawyer for election claims