Are education schools secretly driving campus censorship?
On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we are joined by Lewis & Clark Associate Professor of English Lyell Asher to discuss his 2018 article for the Chronicle of Higher Education, “How Ed Schools Became a Menace.”
Also joining the conversation is FIRE President & CEO Greg Lukianoff, co-author of the bestseller “The Coddling of the American Mind.”
- Podcast transcript
- “Educating School Leaders” by Arthur Levine
- Yale University: Protesters at Yale Threaten Free Speech, Demand Apologies and Resignations from Faculty Members Over Halloween Email
- “Please Report to Your Resident Assistant to Discuss Your Sexual Identity—It’s Mandatory! Thought Reform at the University of Delaware” by Adam Kissel
- “Hard Words: Why Aren’t Kids Being Taught to Read” by Emily Hanford
- “At a Loss for Words: How a Flawed Idea is Teaching Millions of Kids to be Poor Readers” by Emily Hanford
- “Look Who’s Talking About Educational Equity” by Lyell Asher
- E.D Hirsch’s Core Knowledge curriculum
- “Other People’s Children: Cultural Conflict in the Classroom” by Lisa Delpit
- “Racial Microaggressions in Everyday Life” by Derald Wing Sue et al.
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at email@example.com.