On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we are joined by The Atlantic magazine Staff Writer Caitlin Flanagan and FIRE President and CEO Greg Lukianoff to discuss a wide range of topics, including Caitlin’s articles that touch on free speech, her growing up in Berkeley, Calif. the daughter of a professor, and newsroom orthodoxies and censorship.
- Podcast transcript
- Caitlin’s The Atlantic article archive
- “Can We Take a Joke?” documentary
- “That’s Not Funny!” by Caitlin Flanagan
- “The Dark Power of Fraternities” by Caitlin Flanagan
- Dave Chappelle’s “The Closer”
- Columbia University: Ideological litmus tests at Teachers College
- Emerson College: Conservative student group investigated for distributing “China Kinda Sus” stickers
- “Advancing Health Equity: A Guide to Language, Narrative and Concepts” by the American Medical Association and the Association of American Medical Colleges
- “Letters to a Young Contrarian” by Christopher Hitchens
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.