One year ago this week, “The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure” was published.
On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we sit down with FIRE President & CEO Greg Lukianoff, who co-authored the book with Jonathan Haidt, to reflect on what’s changed — or hasn’t changed — in the intervening year.
- “College suggests students respond to ‘offensive’ language with ‘ouch!’”
- Media coverage of Greg’s talk in Italy (in Italian)
- “Five ways university presidents can prove their commitment to free speech” by Greg Lukianoff
- Study: “The Hidden Tribes of America”
- Documentary: “Can We Take a Joke?”
Greg’s book references/recommendations:
- “Our Kids: The American Dream in Crisis” by Robert Putnam
- “Love, Money & Parenting” by Matthias Doepke and Fabrizio Zilibotti
- “Achtung Baby” by Sara Zaske
- “So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed” by Jon Ronson
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at email@example.com.