Rebellion! Crime! Juvenile delinquency!
On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, producer Chris Maltby explores the rise of comic books in the early 20th century and the moral panic, book burnings, and censorship that followed.
- “The Ten-Cent Plague: The Great Comic Book Scare And How It Changed America” by David Hajdu
- “The Mind of the Censor and the Eye of the Beholder” by Bob Corn-Revere
- “A National Disgrace” by Sterling North
- “Puddles of Blood,” Time Magazine, 1948
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at email@example.com.