On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we sit down with Cato Institute Senior Fellow Mustafa Akyol to discuss threats to freedom of thought and expression around the world, with a particular focus on situations in Turkey and China.
Akyol has been described by CNN’s Fareed Zakaria as “Turkey’s finest political analyst.” Prior to joining Cato, he was a senior fellow at The Freedom Project at Wellesley College, where he learned a thing or two about illiberalism in America. He is also a regular contributing opinion writer for The New York Times.
- Podcast transcript
- Bios and bibliographies: Mustafaakyol.org, https://www.cato.org/people/mustafa-akyol, https://www.nytimes.com/column/mustafa-akyol
- FIRE Investigates: An (il)liberal arts education at Wellesley College
- “China’s Gulag for Muslims”
- “One Month, 500,000 Face Scans: How China is Using A.I. to Profile a Minority”
- “The New Gulag Archipelago: How China “Reeducates” the Uyghurs and Why the World Should Be Alarmed” (Video of Cato Institute panel)
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at email@example.com.