Does free speech exist?
According to Cardozo Law professor Stanley Fish, it does not.
On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we dig into what the colorful professor means by this assertion and discuss his forthcoming book, “The First: How to Think About Hate Speech, Campus Speech, Religious Speech, Fake News, Post-Truth, and Donald Trump.”
- Podcast transcript
- “There’s No Such Thing As Free Speech: And It’s a Good Thing, Too” by Stanley Fish
- “Areopagitica” by John Milton
- “Leviathan” by Thomas Hobbes
- New York Times v. Sullivan (1964)
- “Absence of Malice” (1981) movie
- “Inherit the Wind” (1960) movie
- “The Structure of Scientific Revolutions” by Thomas S. Kuhn
- “In defense of the NBA: The league has every right to come down hard on critics of China who work for it” by Stanley Fish
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at email@example.com.