Professor Maroja’s experience growing up under a dictatorship in Brazil led her to become an outspoken advocate for free speech at Williams College and a skeptic of the idea that words are violence.
- Podcast transcript
- Relevant writings from Professor Maroja:
- “Freedom of speech at Williams College: Are the walls closing in?”
- “Standing with the free exchange of ideas: Understanding the Faculty Petition and the Chicago Statement”
- “In support of free speech: What we can learn from exposure to multiple ideas”
- “Refuting claims of institutional violence: Analyzing evidence of racism at the College”
- Student petition in response to faculty Chicago Statement petition
- Chicago Statement: University and faculty body support
- “Students, faculty spar over free speech, speaker invitations”
- “Why it’s a bad idea to tell students words are violence”
- So to Speak podcast: “Uncensored” with Zachary Wood
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at email@example.com.