Harassment is conduct that is based on a person’s race, color, religion, creed, ethic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age (as applicable), status as a covered veteran, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal or state civil rights law that: ... Has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s employment or academic performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive or abusive environment for the individual;
Examples of such conduct include, but are not limited to:
1. Verbal or physical conduct relating to an employee’s or student’s national origin, race, surname, skin color or accent, offensive or derogatory jokes based on a protected category; racial or ethnic slurs;
2. Pressure for dates or sexual favors or other unwanted sexual advances;
3. Unwelcome comments about a person’s religion or religious garments;
4. Offensive graffiti, cartoons or pictures; or
5. Offensive remarks about a person’s age.