Super Bowl free speech fumble
So to Speak: The Free Speech PodcastEp. 180
FIRE's Will Creeley and Aaron Terr join the show to discuss Phoenix, Arizona's unconstitutional "clean zone" for Super Bowl LVII, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot's effort to get public school students to volunteer for her re-election campaign, recent polling on how much people really know about the First Amendment (sadly, not much), and Indiegogo, Kickstarter, and Crowdfundr canceling fundraisers for comic books they deemed politically unacceptable.
We also provide an update on the Hamline University Muhammad art censorship case.
- "Phoenix ordinance restricting signs during Super Bowl is offsides on the First Amendment"
- "Here's why Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot can't ask teachers to help her reelection campaign"
- "Indie-no-go: Popular crowdfunding sites cancel fundraisers for comic books about gender identity and the U.S.-Mexico border"
- "Do Americans know their rights? Survey says: No."
- "Hamline Faculty vote 71-12 to urge president to step down after academic freedom scandal"
www.sotospeakpodcast.com YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@freespeechtalk Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/freespeechtalk Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sotospeakpodcast Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/freespeechtalk/ Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org