Policy 415: Distribution and Solicitation on Campus
Distribution and solicitation is defined as the giving away or selling of information, goods and/or services or solicitation of survey respondents.
1. Approval for Distribution or Solicitation on Campus:
- Recognized Oakland University Organizations: Any officially recognized Oakland University department or organization may distribute materials or solicit, when the materials or solicitation pertain to the activities of the group, at any authorized distribution center, subject to restrictions as defined in this policy.
- Off-Campus Groups or Individuals: Any off-campus group or individuals wishing to solicit or to distribute materials on campus must obtain prior approval from the Dean of Students or his/her designee.
- Other Campus Buildings and Outdoors: Any campus or non-campus organization wishing to Distribute materials in any other campus buildings or outdoors must contact the Dean of Students or his/her designee to make arrangements for proper Distribution.
- The name of the sponsoring group must appear at the site of the Distribution or Solicitation.