Policy 890: Use of University Information Technology Resources
Avoidance of harassment - No member of the community may use Resources to libel, slander, or harass any other person.
Harassment includes, without limitation, the following:
- Intentionally using Resources to annoy, harass, terrify, intimidate, threaten, offend or bother another person by conveying obscene language, pictures, or other materials or threats of bodily harm to the recipient or others;
- Intentionally using Resources to contact another person repeatedly with the intent to annoy, harass, or bother, whether or not any actual message is communicated, and/or where no purpose of legitimate communication exists, and where the recipient has expressed a desire for the communication to cease;
- Intentionally using Resources to contact another person repeatedly regarding a matter for which one does not have a legal right to communicate, once the recipient has provided reasonable notice that he or she desires such communication to cease;
- Intentionally using Resources to disrupt or damage the academic, research, administrative, or related pursuits of another;
- Intentionally using Resources to invade the privacy, academic or otherwise, of another or the threatened invasion of the privacy of another.