Santa Clara University IT resources shall not be used for: ... visiting, viewing or distributing Internet sites or materials that contain obscene, pornographic, profane or sexually explicit information, pictures, or cartoons; and publishing, displaying, transmitting, retrieving or storing inappropriate or offensive material. Such is expressly prohibited unless identified and pre-approved in writing by the Provost as part of legitimate research, teaching, or academic pursuits. Contact the Office of the Provost to request written pre-approval;
- creating or distributing defamatory, false, inaccurate, abusive, threatening, racially offensive or otherwise biased, discriminatory or illegal material;
- downloading, disseminating, storing, using, or printing materials in violation of copyright laws including articles, music, videos, games, and software;
- causing congestion, overload or disruption of networks or systems, including the distribution of chain letters;
- illegal, threatening, or destructive purposes;
- creating or knowingly disseminating unwanted and unsolicited emails or materials (SPAM).