In the 16th Century Spain and Portugal globalized the inquisition by spreading the fight for religious orthodoxy and against heresy, blasphemy and apostasy to the Americas, Africa and Asia allowing inquisitors to pry into the souls of men on five continents. In Episode 17 we try to answer questions such as:
- How many people were affected by the inquisition?
- What were the consequences for native Americans?
- What were the similarities and differences between inquisition in Europe and the different colonies?
- What where the links between inquisition, racism and anti-semitism?
- How did the inquisition stop the spread of books and information?
- Why and when did the inquisition end?
Email us feedback at email@example.com.