FIRE's new Director of Public Advocacy Aaron Terr and the Cato Institute's Will Duffield join the show to discuss a slew of recent free speech news. California gets it right on rap lyrics but wrong on coronavirus misinformation. One Texas school district repeatedly ventures into book banning. LeBron James spreads "hate speech" misinformation. Is government "jawboning" censorship? And, yes, Elon Musk . . . again.
- Watch the video of the podcast conversation
- "VICTORY: After FIRE lawsuit, court halts enforcement of key provisions of the Stop WOKE Act limiting how Florida professors can teach about race, sex"
- "Jawboning against Speech: How Government Bullying Shapes the Rules of Social Media," by Will Duffield
- "Fact Sheet: Texas School District Bans 'Gender Fluidity' from Library Shelves"
- "California Restricts Use of Rap Lyrics in Criminal Trials After Gov. Newsom Signs Bill,"
- "The ACLU Says California's Ban on COVID-19 'Misinformation' From Doctors Is Gratuitous and Unconstitutional,"
- LeBron James, via Twitter: "So many damn unfit people saying hate speech is free speech."
- "Markey fires back after Musk mocks his Twitter complaint"
- "Biden asked whether Elon Musk is 'threat' to national security, says relationships 'worth being looked at'"
www.sotospeakpodcast.com YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/thefireorg Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/freespeechtalk Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sotospeakpodcast Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/freespeechtalk/ Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org