As you can see from the map above, the Campus Freedom Network's (CFN's) Speakers Bureau is going to have a busy fall semester! Through the Speakers Bureau, students can invite FIRE speakers to their universities to tell their fellow students about threats to liberty on campus and teach them how to defend their rights. Some highlights on our fall schedule include:
- On September 16, Samantha Harris addressed students and faculty at West Chester University as part of the Political Science Department's Constitution Day celebration.
- Azhar Majeed will participate in a panel hosted by the Atheists, Agnostics & Freethinkers (AAF) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on September 28, appearing alongside Professor Ken Howell.
- Azhar will also give two speeches in Michigan hosted by the Center for Inquiry, including at Michigan State University on September 29 and a joint event with Grand Valley State University and Grand Rapids Community College on September 30.
- Robert Shibley will speak as part of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill celebration of First Amendment Day on September 30.
- Will Creeley will be hosted by the Tufts University Primary Source on October 6.
- Adam Kissel will visit two Atlanta schools, the Georgia Institute of Technology and Georgia State University, on October 25.
- Erica Goldberg will address the Pre-Law Women at Penn (the University of Pennsylvania) on November 10.
- Greg Lukianoff will address the Young Americans for Liberty at Indiana University on November 17.
FIRE has also been invited to several of the Students for Liberty Regional Conferences this fall. FIRE speakers will be featured at the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, and
Texas regional conferences. For more information or to register, visit politicalconferences.org.
Check the FIRE Calendar of Events or the FIRE Speakers Bureau 2010-2011 Google map for up-to-date information on these upcoming events, and be sure to stop by at any of them if you are in the area! To invite a FIRE speaker to your school, click here.