On today’s episode of So to Speak: The Free Speech Podcast, we are joined by PEN America CEO Suzanne Nossel to discuss campus censorship, cancel culture, how different generations think about free speech, the attacks on Charlie Hebdo in 2015, and more. Nossel is the author of the forthcoming book, “Dare to Speak: Defending Free Speech for All.”
- Bari Weiss’ resignation letter; Andrew Sullivan’s “farewell letter” for New York magazine
- So to Speak podcast: Debating “Is there a campus free speech crisis?” with Andrew Sullivan, Jonathan Haidt, Suzanne Nossel, Jeffrey Sachs, & Kmele Foster
- “The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure” by Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt
- Harper’s: “A letter on justice and open debate”
- “Does apologizing work? An empirical test of the conventional wisdom” by Richard Hanania
- “Why we’re honoring Charlie Hebdo” by Andrew Solomon and Suzanne Nossel
Have questions or ideas for future shows? Email us at email@example.com.